Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake

I found this recipe and immediately knew it was the one I HAD to make to have for my birthday. And boy did it not disappoint. Yum city. I love cinnamon and I love caramel - put them in a cheesecake and it's pure bliss. Wasn't super hard to make either, thankfully.


I had a cute little helper who helped me layer the cheesecake - as such, I forgot to drizzle the caramel in the layers as directed so it only made it on the very top. Still worked as it was a minor oversight. It's such a pretty cake too.






This recipe is adapted from Perry's Plate.


Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake
Crust:

  • 1 1/2 c finely crushed Mother's Iced Oatmeal cookies
  • 1/4 c butter, melted
  • 2 T brown sugar

Filling:

  • 3 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 c sugar
  • 1/2 c sour cream or whipping cream
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 c flour
  • 1 c coarsely chopped cookies (same kind as above)
  • 1/2 c cinnamon chips (this is an estimate as I didn't measure this out)
  • 1/4 c butterscotch or caramel sundae topping (I used caramel)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon mixed with 1/4 c sugar

Preheat oven to 325. Place a pan of water on the bottom rack.


For crust, mix cookie crumbs, butter and brown sugar and press into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Spray the sides of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.


For filling, blend cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth, scraping bottom and sides of bowl, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in eggs, vanilla and flour and blend well, 2-3 minutes. (I did this in a stand mixer, but you can easily use a hand mixer).


Spoon 1/3 of filling into pan and dust on some cinnamon sugar mixture. Top with 1/3 of each chopped cookies and cinnamon chips. Drizzle on some caramel topping. Repeat with all layers twice more until everything is used up.


Bake 50-55 minutes or until cheesecake is set about 2 inches from the side and wiggles slightly in the center. Turn oven off, leave door open and let cheesecake cool until you can take it out of the oven without oven mitts. Leave cheesecake on the counter until it's room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.


Serve with whipped cream and caramel topping.



2 comments:

  1. I hope you saved me a slice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I did! It's sitting in the freezer just waiting for you.

      Delete